Helpful tips on rules, etiquette of golf
All Club members are expected to follow the USGA Rules of Golf and abide by the conditions, rules and regulations of the Club. In addition, Club members should be aware of the etiquette of golf. The list below provides some helpful tips:
Golf etiquette hints
- Never talk during another player’s swing.
- Do not yell out following a shot. This may be disruptive to others on the course.
- Never walk through a player’s putting line.
- Be aware of your shadow on the putting green. Your shadow may interfere with another player’s putting line.
Be kind to the course
- Observe all cart rules.
- Keep carts away from greens and hazards.
- Repair divots in the fairways.
- Repair your ball marks on the greens.
Keep it safe
- Do not swing your club until you are sure others in your group are at a safe distance. Likewise, keep your distance when others are swinging.
- When practicing a swing, never swing in the direction of another player.
- Do not hit a ball until you are certain the group ahead of you is out of range.
- If your ball appears to be headed toward another player or group, give them a warning by yelling out, “FORE.”
- Observe the safety suggestions posted in the golf carts. Please drive carefully!